I seriously do not know when or how, but Hailey is all grown up and going to Kindergarten. She has been so excited for this milestone and I have had mixed feelings about the whole thing. I wondered if I would blubber and cry in true form, or if I would be able to hold it all together and let my daughter go off with dignity. I am proud to say that I did not blubber. My eyes welled up a few times as I watched her line up and head into the school. And then again when I watched her climb off the big huge School bus. But I held it all together. The fact that she was so excited and happy, made it hard to be sad. She started school last week and has come home every day as excited as if it were the first. She loves her teacher and loves, loves, loves recess. I still get a bit emotional when I think about how it seems like just yesterday that Dave and I struggled to get her strapped into the carseat to bring her home from the hospital. Everyone tried to warn me not to blink or wish away a single stage, but you never can fully understand until you reach these milestones and find yourself thinking: "how did this happen? When did she grow up?"
Hailey all ready to go to school.
(I love how she popped her foot in this picture--too cute!!)

Hailey and Connor outside of the school

Hailey lined up waiting to go into her class.

Hailey stepping off the school bus after her first day.
(She looked so nervous climbing down the big steps, it nearly broke my heart)
Happy first Day of school Hailey!!!!!
13 comments:
I agree with you Michelle--where did the time go--and we're not old enough to be moms of kindergarteners. That Hailey girl sure is a cutie though. I love her hair--and when did she lose a tooth!?
Oh Michelle, she is SO big! I really hate not being able to watch all these kids grow up (I'm sure you understand). I am so excited to see everyone in a month and a half!!! I need to see more pictures of Olivia. Not that I don't love Hailey and Con-Man, but I can remember what they look like! I am sure she is so big and cute! Miss ya, Love ya!!!
chelle belle...what a great mommy you are!! I am proud of your emotional control!! She looks darling!
The picture with the foot "pop" is so you, Michelle. I don't even know how many pictures I have of us from high school with your foot popped!! Too cute!
She looks beautiful! I'm telling ya, future daughter inlaw here!!! Don't let her know that her future husband is having the hardest time going to 1st grade! It's very sad. we've cried for a week straight! I will call you soon! I love your front door!!
Michelle, i am so glad that be ran into each other the other day! your kids are so big and beautiful i love all the pictures and stories. oh it is so fun to catch up! i hope we can stay in touch!! oh and your house is so amazing i love it!!
Dave and I enjoyed reading your blog this evening. He said "you can tell what a good person Michelle is". I just sent my little boy to middle school and that can be harder than kindergarten!
Love ALL the pictures! You captured her first day so well! Are you SURE she's old enough for kindergarten? What a cutie!
Shoot!!! I forgot I was going to call you that day so you could cry on my shoulder. But it looks like both mommy and Hailee had a great day! She looks so happy and so ready for school. So mama....what did you do with your free time?
Wow our kids are in kindergarten!!!
It's crazy to have Isaac gone all day. In California it's all day. I cried when I found out. I thought I had more time with him home. How is Hailey Liking School? Does Connor miss her? We miss you guys, Tell everyone hello.
Awww!! She is so cute and so big! Good job on being so strong!! I hope she is enjoying school!!
Oh my goodness, what sweet little pictures! That's crazy that she's so big now!
Michelle! Oh my its been too long!! I just found one of your emails in my inbox and realized its been so long since I found out how you were doing. But I looked through your blog and your kids are just getting more adorable by the year! I can't believe Hailey is in kindergarten! I miss you all like crazy!
Post a Comment