Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Dear, sweet Rose!

Last night, Hailey caught a moth, put it in a tuperware and named her Rose. She was so funny about her new pet. She put grass in the jar and kept pulling it out and insisting that I hold it. I was sure that Rose was not going to make it through the night. And sure enough, this morning Hailey came out, opened the jar, and dropped Rose on the floor. She wanted me to help her find Rose, so I said, trying to protect her, "honey I think that Rose flew away." Her reply was, "No, she's dead mom." After minutes of searching, we found her body. I handed the corpse to Hailey and she looked down and said, "Rose, I am so sorry, we didn't take good care of you. We should have poked holes in your jar!! So, tonight we will be hunting for a new moth to call friend. This time, I plan to poke holes in the jar!

9 comments:

Harmoni Osborn said...

What a grown-up she is!! Poor thing! Good luck w/ her new "friend"! :p)

Monson Family said...

How sweet! I hope you guys can find a new friend!

Petersens said...

She is so smart! Hopefully you find her new friend.

Jenni said...

She is the funniest little girl I know! farewell Rose, you could have had a great life with the Hague fam...to bad you need air to live!

Tiffany Winters said...

That is so adorable. Rose is such a good name for a moth Hailey! She makes me laugh.

andrewsrock said...

I love her!! love her!! love her!!!
I'm going to make Jacob marry her when he gets home from his mission. I just will.
we made it to Ohio. don't know what I think yet. I will call you soon and talk to you more about it all!!!

Jessica Knowles said...

We sure hope she finds a new friend soon. We miss our Hailey... Wish you guys were still here.
We need to get together soon!

Miss ya-

Jada and Jess

Stephanie said...

Such a little sweetheart you have on your hands...Oh, and I hope you get this bug catching routine down (I'm thinking I'll need pointers after a while :D)

Rachel said...

Cutie pie! At least we know she'll deal well with death...and move on! Ha! ;)

Okay, seriously, we need to do cheesecake! I'll call you. After Thursday, I'll be more free! Does this weekend work??? I'll call you tomorrow.